Kerang and District Schools celebrating Book Week
Event TimeBook Parade Starts 11am
VenueAlbert St, Scoresby St, Fitzroy St, Wellington St, and Victoria St, Kerang.
- Kerang and District Schools celebrating Book Week (between 17th & 23rd August).
- The Book Parade is a special annual event for the local community on Friday the 23rd August
- The Parade will commence at 11am from the rear of Kerang Primary School (Albert Street).
- Spectators are encouraged to view the Book Parade from Scoresby Street, Fitzroy Street, Wellington Street and Victoria Street.
- The 2019 Book Parade coincides with the Children’s Book Council of Australia “Children’s Book Week”.
- The theme for this year’s celebration is “Reading is My Secret Power”.
- The Parade provides an opportunity for school children from across our district to come together to parade through our streets, celebrating a love of books and reading in our community. Children from district schools will dress in class groups as book characters.
- Hundreds of children are expected to participate in the 2019 parade through Kerang’s central business area.
- Residents are welcome to line the streets for the parade to encourage our local students.
- Roads along the parade’s route will be closed to vehicles during the morning and alternative parking will need to be found.
- Kerang Lion’s club will be running a BBQ down the street for hungry spectators, and Jenelle’s Face Painting will be on hand to help children channel their favourite book character or superhero.
- Kid’s can also eat fairy floss & bounce about on a Jumping Castle.
- Look out for the Kerang Traders, mingling in the crowd dressed as Super Heroes!