Image Upload

File size must be less than 500kb

File types (jpg, png, gif)


Stradbroke Ave Fire

Stradbroke Ave Fire

Swan Hill Locals Lucky After Kitchen Fire

Hot oil on an unattended stove has caused a scare for residents in a Stradbroke Avenue home last night.

Four appliances and 20 firefighters from the Swan Hill fire brigade were called to the house at around 6:15pm, staying on scene until 7pm to manage the kitchen fire which had spread into the roof.

Article continues below

Fortunately there was no notable damage to the house, with surveyors set to assess the roof as a precaution.

Swan Hill CFA Captain Dennis Turner says the incident could have been far worse.

"The owner's very lucky," Turner said.

"A working smoke alarm alerted the owner to something going on in the house."

Turner was then quick to highlight how quickly things can go wrong with unattended cooking, especially with hot oil.

The Latest

Join Us