[UPDATE] Restrictions set to be eased in regional Victoria
Regional Victoria's restrictions are set to ease from 11:59pm tomorrow, subject to public health advice over the next 24 hours.
Some of the expected changes include:
- People being able leave home for any reason, and public gatherings permitted for up to 10 people.
- A return to face to face learning for all year levels.
- Junior outdoor community sport will return, and adults will be able to resume training outdoors.
- Restaurants and cafés can reopen to a maximum of 50. Retail, beauty and personal care, entertainment venues and community facilities will also open in line with density limits.
- Religious ceremonies and funerals will be capped at 50, weddings at ten.
- Regional Victorians will be able to travel in regional Victoria. Melburnians will not.
- Businesses that are open in regional Victoria, but closed in Melbourne, so restaurants and beauty for example, must check the IDs of everyone they serve.
- QR requirements also being expanded to make it mandatory for retail settings such as supermarkets and shops across the state.